Happy New Year

2012 was the most bittersweet year for me and Cody. It started off with me not getting a job I wanted so we bought a puppy to mask our sadness. It worked. We adopted Norah Jones Price. We just fell in love with her and for the next 8 months, she was there with us through the toughest time in our lives as a married couple. God knew we needed this sweet pup to give us something other than ourselves to care about.


 
In March, I experienced something I never thought I'd have to experience... losing my job. It was the hardest, most humbling moment ever. I hated the job and begged God to open another door... well, He did, just not the way I wanted. The next few weeks and months brought lots of questions, scary financial moments, a few dreams put away and a lot of honest conversations with the Lord and myself. Watching God move through our money was the most amazing blessing though. I saw him turn a few dollars into a few hundred dollars. We were being called to trust Him and it was amazing to be able to see what He did. Granted, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I am not someone that likes to sit by and give up control easily, but there was no other choice. I had no options other than to trust that God knows better than me.
 
During the midst of all of this uncertainty, God placed a lot of great friends around us to love on us, bless us with gifts and pray for us. I could not have made it without the support of so many loving people crying with me, hugging me, praying with me and encouraging me daily. I hit rock bottom a few times and felt extremely worthless and the Lord would use another person to wrap me up in His arms and hold me until I could stand again. 
 
This year was tough, but so full of lessons that I am so thankful we were able to learn. I know God has big plans for us in 2013. Our marriage is stronger than ever and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect best friend and husband than Cody. He is my match in every way.
 
We were blessed to have moved back to Central/Clemson in June and begin living on SWU's campus and running their retreat center in August.
 

 
The community at SWU has been such a rock for us and constant reminder of God's love. They really have taken every opportunity to take care of us during a rough time. They allowed us to take on this responsibility that has blessed us over and over. We are so thankful for the opportunity to serve the campus through this ministry. It can be hectic at times, but worth it for some many reasons.
 
In October, we watched many doors open and closed for me for job opportunities. It wasn't until I got a call from Clemson that I began to get excited about a new possibility. I started working for them at the end of October and have been continuily blessed to be a part of something so special. I get to watch 8 talented ladies use the gifts and talents that God has given and learn under a couple of great coaches. They are inspiring and it amazing to watch them succeed.
 


We have a lot of family dreams, hopes and goals for 2013. I cannot wait to see how God uses this new year to shape and define me as a person and Cody and I as a couple. Praise God for everything... every blessing and lesson. It is hard to walk through life without hope. Hope comes from Jesus and Him alone. Trust Him today with your life... your future... your 2013. Give Him all of you the best you know how and allow His peace to transform the way you think, live and act. The world just looks different when your heart sees the things that matter most to Him.

Hope you all have a happy and blessed new year. Love you, guys.
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts