I made this recipe last night. Haven't tasted it yet though. It's for dinner tonight!
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
pinch of salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 cups tomato sauce (I used bottled, no sugar added)
1/2 cup water
Handful of spinach leaves
1 large sweet potato
Feel free to add cheese if you like!
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Brown your turkey meat in a pot with onion and spices.
3. When meat is completely cooked, add peppers, tomato sauce and water. Let simmer for 10 mins.
4. While that mixture is simmering, peel and slice your sweet potato. I used a mandolin, but you can attempt to do it by hand.
5. Grease a 9×9 baking pan with some coconut oil or EVOO and lets begin to layer.
Layer some meat sauce, a layer of sweet potatoes, then sauce, then sweet potato, then sauce, spinach, more sauce and sweet potato.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 mins.
After 30 mins, remove the foil and bake for another 15 mins.
Here's what @dieffs looked like on Instagram.
I got the recipe from her blog at