R1P3D6 - Fruit Roll Ups

After my stressful day... I ended up losing 1lb. That was the highlight in all of this. Next week I'm having a bake sale for the cheerleaders so I'm sure I'll gain it back once that's over with.

I really wish today was Friday. I want to hang out with my husband.
I also wish Greek wasn't being cancelled. Makes me sad everytime I think about it. Cappie is going to be on an episode of Parenthood though. (yah!)



And now to the food I want today...


I love fruit roll ups and gushers. They are my guilty pleasure that I NEVER get to have.

Until now...


Homemade Fruit Rolls... without a dehydrater!

Hands-On Time: 10 minutes

Ready In: 8 hours and 40 minutes
Yield: 12 roll-ups
Cost Per Serving: $0.17

Ingredients
8 ounces dried apricots or other dried fruit
1 1/2 cups water

Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Line a 12x15 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine apricots or other dried fruit with water in a heavy saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes or until fruit is very soft.
Drain excess liquid and pour fruit into a blender. Puree until very smooth.
Pour fruit onto prepared foil and spread evenly, making sure there are no holes.
Place sheet into oven for 25 minutes. Without opening oven, turn heat off and leave oven door shut for 8 hours.
Remove baking sheet from oven and gently peel fruit from foil. Set on waxed paper, right-side down, and press down.
Cut into 12 even strips, lengthwise. Roll each strip with the paper side out and store in plastic bags until ready to eat.


I think they are totally healthy and I should be able to eat them everyday. Who's with me?

Comments

April Reynolds said…
When are they cancelling Greek? I'm so sad about that!
Sheila said…
This is the last season! I have watched every single episode. I'm invested. It's the same feeling I got when the Hills went away. TERRIBLE.
Amber said…
One. I love Parenthood. Two. I am so trying the fruit roll ups!!
Sheila said…
Take pics so we can see how they turn out! I have a lot of baking I have to do this weekend so can't make them yet but they are next on my list!

Popular Posts