My first week eating "clean"

So, I told you all that I was going to start eating healthy and well, so far so good. I've even started walking around campus at lunch. I just make myself get out of the office. It's nice for my wrist since my carpal tunnel is flaring up and my eyes hurt so bad in the afternoons from staring at the computer all day. It's helping with my migraines as well. I've lost only a couple of pounds so far, but I feel better. Better just because I'm finally doing something. It's also nice to have my close friends supporting me through this time. It really does take a village.

Here's a few photos from the week of food...

Fail to plan. Plan to fail. Seriously, it's not that hard to get this stuff ready for the day!

A typical breakfast: Dry Oats. Plain Greek Yogurt. Bananas. Honey. A little Pumpkin Spice on top.


Another Breakfast but with Strawberries. Yum.

Lunch so far is a salad with no dressing but with an avocado, orange bell peppers, orange tomatoes, red plum tomatos, carrots, spinach and some Rotisserie chicken.
 
 
Dinners: This is a Clean Turkey Chili
via The Gracious Pantry
 

Another Dinner with Brown Rice and Quinoa, Rotisserie Chicken, Cucumbers and a wonderful Sweet Potato. I loveeeee Sweet Potatoes.


This was dinner tonight - just a mixture of what I've already had this. Still great though.
 
 
So far, it really hasn't been that hard. When I want something sweet, I just go for the greek yogurt and some fruit. I eat an apple, banana, orange or grapefuit as snacks throughout the day as well. Anway, I am going to try a few more recipes on www.theGraciouspanty.com - It's a great resource!
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts