Natural Face Cleaner

I have the worst skin. It gets so oily throughout the day. I hate wearing make up b/c it just makes it worse, but have to use it some to cover up the mess it looks like. I have used every kind of cleaner under the sun.

Recently, on pinterest I saw a natural face cleaner using olive oil and castor oil. Now, if you had to re-read that you are like me... who would add oil to their already oily face? Well, me. Apparently, the oil is the only thing that gets rid of the oil. My face has suffered from too harsh of cleaners, it really just needed a break and this was the perfect thing. My face isn't perfect, but it sure feels better since using this "wash " or whatever you'll call it. I do two parts castor oil to one part olive oil since my face is oily. If your face is try, use more olive oil and even out the portion if your face is normal. Massage it in at night on a "dry" face. Then, get a wash cloth and warm it up with warm water and lay it on your face like a mini-steam facial. Let it steep for a little bit and then gently rub away the oil. Do it at night so the oil has a chance to work overnight.

Crazy, huh?

Let me know if you try it and how it works.

I have also considered going shampoo free. I'll need about two weeks that I don't see anyone though if I'm going to do it since I look like a homeless person even one day after not washing. And I don't know why I'm on this natural kick, but I figure if I'm going to try to only eat healthy foods, why not use healthy products on my body, too. Makes sense, right? Don't know how long it'll last, but I'd like to see what works.

Comments

Popular Posts