SWU Graduation

I spent two years at Southern Wesleyan University as the graphic designer. I love that school and the wonderful students I had the honor of meeting and grew to love. Amy is one of our dearest. She was not only a student to our family, but a friend. She possibly washed my dishes more than I did when we lived there. She has a heart of gold so we were so excited to celebrate her graduation from SWU last week.


Another sweet girl that I loved knowing was Courtney. She brought so much fun into my life as I was her cheerleading sponsor. We went through a lot together. I watched her grow so much as a leader and cheerleader. She was always willing to push herself because she knew as captain she had to lead by example. It was rough when funds weren't available for uniforms, competition, music but she always stepped up to help me with ideas and implementing them.  She is moving to VA to work for a forensic lab. She is such an amazing lady. 



Another dear friend got an award that day. Rev. Jim Wiggins, my VP. He is retiring this year and had the honor of speaking at the ceremony and was awarded an honorary doctorate. He was so excited when he invited me to graduation and told me what they were giving him. He deserves it a million times over. I believe that God continuously blesses me with Godly father figures in my life and I know he was one. He always gave me hugs and supported me through my time at SWU and afterwards. 

During the ceremony, a father of a student that passed away this past fall was there to accept his son's diploma. His son would have graduated in December, but sadly was not able. The room was overcome with emotion at that moment. Everyone rose as he walked across stage. I'm sure as a father it was no comparison to burying your child, but I'm sure it was one of the hardest/proudest moments for him. Say a prayer for their family if you think about it. I know that ache in their hearts will never go away.  


It was a great day and fun to be back on campus and see everyone. 
Check out SWU if you are looking for a college! It truly is a great places with wonderful people. 
www.swu.edu



Comments

Popular Posts