Wake Up from Your Sleep

Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that. Ephesians 5: 1-2

This verse is so challenging. A few weeks ago the world lost an amazing lady named Cyndi Trest and she lived by this verse. She was a teacher and an amazing one at that. She was my Sunday School teacher and she loved me and taught me so much about Jesus and about myself. She was the woman that led me to Christ. Her family also allowed me to live with them for a short time in high school when my family moved away. They showed me Jesus more than anyone I've ever met. They all have a special place in my heart and I love telling people the story of my journey in high school and being able to tell how they lived this verse out in my life. It hurts my heart that we lost such an amazing woman.

I hope you read that verse and re-read it.... over and over. I pray that I can live out my life like that... I pray that I am living my life out like that.

Comments

Popular Posts