I'm alive...

Hello blog world... it's been way too long since my last post. Let's catch up.

So many things have happened. Moved out of our apartment into a house. Moved out of the house into a new apartment. Started my new job 2 weeks ago. Got promoted after 2 weeks. Found the most amazing deli ever and ate donuts that could end wars. Painted a dresser. Spoke to a group of high school soccer girls. Made new friends. 

I am so excited about my new job. I am now the newest Admissions Counselor at Erskine College. God really shook my world up when he laid it on my heart to change professions. Being a graphic designer has always been my thing and now it's strange not being invited into conversations about publications. I am ok with it though. I find myself almost shying away from giving my opinion about designs. I kind of hate when I get asked. My new job is going to open lots of doors and allow me to meet all kinds of people. I'll be traveling a little and I really look forward to the time alone in my car being with God. It will remind me a lot of my times in college driving home to MS by myself. Those are precious times between me and God and I look forward to having that time again. I really like all of my new office mates. We are all around the same age so it's a totally different dynamic than I'm used to, which may be why I like it so much. 

Erskine is completely different than NGU and SWU. I am excited to be able to represent a college that I can really support and aren't trying to be more than they are.*(edit: one year later, I totally hate and disagree with this statement.)

My life is changing and I'm extremely happy with how things are going. It really seems like this is going to be the right fit. I miss my SWU people a lot.

Ok, that's enough for now. I'll be writing more frequently now that we are settled. 

Hope everyone is doing swell! 

I'll leave you with my favorite quote from Mad Men...



Comments

Popular Posts