First day of school!

Today is Cody's first day of school at Erskine. He is taking a few classes this semseter and then transfering to Anderson to get his degree in Graphic Design. Yep, we'll have two graphic designers at home. I'm so proud of him though. He just goes whereever I go and doesn't complain. I hope he loves it here at Erskine.

And on that note, so far I love it. I have honestly never been able to say that I love my job but after yesterday getting to call potential students and chat with them and hear their enthusasim was so infectious. I can't wait to get more involved here and develop my student pile of incoming freshman.

I leave today for Charleston for guidance counselor fair. I have to speak in front of the counselors in that area about Erskine. I'm a little nervous but I know it'll be fine. The nervousness of others wears on me but once I get there and have to do it I know I'll be fine and then think, what was the big deal... (or I hope, ha)

My wrists have been hurting me a lot lately. It's been an ongoing pain and I think it's carpal tunnel so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll go and get that checked out. Please pray me. I had lunch at Olive Garden the other day and could barely use the utenisl to put the salad on my plate. It was pitiful. That atleast gives you a little view into how bad it is. Today they aren't so bad but I have to carry a bunch of boxes tonight so I'm scared it's going to start back up. Ek!

I haven't taken many pictures lately but once I get my office all cleaned up and fixed I'll post pics of my new place and our house. My mom is coming this weekend so I'll be cleaning for her so it should all be spick and span by the time she comes.

OHHHHH, speaking of my new home. We are currently living in a retirement community. Yes, you read that correctly. We are the only people under 55 living there... or dying there, however you want to say it. We had a crazy time with a few places we were trying to move into and actually moved into a 3bd house and then moved out 2 days later - never sign a lease until you check a place or the landlords out. Learned the hard way! Anyway, the college set us up with the retirement community b/c they had a few apartment homes available and wanted them filled so they let us stay there for the rest of the year until we find something else. Crazyness...

so yeah, that's my life in a nutshell at this moment. well, some of it. AND I wear heels atleast twice a week now... that is HUGE since I only wore them on super special occasions before. Praying my calves get to be awesome.

ok, love you guys. (especially Lauren and Michelle)

Comments

April Reynolds said…
You live in a retirement community? We need to catch up on the phone, make it happen Sheila.
April Reynolds said…
You live in a retirement community? We need to catch up on the phone, make it happen Sheila.

Popular Posts