The Help


Kathryn Stockett, a Mississippi native,  has captured what life was like in Jackson, MS in the 60's in her book The Help. I enjoyed it so much. It made me every emotion possible reading what happened between white families and black maids. I think the book does a good job of explaining the love and hate that went on between white and blacks during this time. If you haven't had a chance,  you should go read it. The movie is coming out soon. I love Emma Stone. I'm so glad she's in this movie.

After reading it, I sat and thought what character would I have been. I mean, I grew up there... decades later, but that doesn't mean it's changed all that much. I have family members who still think the way some characters in the book do. I really hope I'd be like Skeeter or Lou Anne... and even Cecil Foote.

What about you?

Comments

April Reynolds said…
I'm glad I found this. I read it last week. You would totally be Minny if you were a 'Sista' hahaha :)

Popular Posts