Skip to main content

trumpin' it

Many of you know, we are trying to stick to a budget. We eat at home a lot more now or on campus. We did really good while I was on my crazy diet, but have slacked off a little now. Being financially stable is really important to me. I follow blogs and read up and know all the facts, but that doesn't always make it an easier when I decide I want something or we're hungry.

Sticking to a budget is tough, but ultimately we know it'll pay off in the end. I love reading post on http://www.josephsangl.com/ b/c I know him, what he's about and that he is really passionate about people saving and getting out of debt. He is a member at my church and I've sat through two of his classes. His post today was about people who sit through his class and then say they can't do it. I've never said I can't do it, but some days I live like I don't remember a word he said. Anyway, here's the post from today but check out his site for a lot of helpful gadgets to help you stay on budget!

IHHE RANT: What Difference Does It Make Now?

I routinely meet people who are so broke that they cannot see the forest because of the trees.
They can sit through an entire two-hour Financial Learning Experience where I teach the power of having a written plan for life and a written plan for their money.  I have taught the enormous power of attacking debt with the Debt Freedom Date Calculation and using the debt snowball to eliminate it.
After all of this, I still encounter people who say, “This can never work for me.  I’m beyond help.  What difference does it make now?”  Then they offer their reason (excuse) for why they can’t win with their money:
  • “I’m too old.”
  • “I’m too deep in debt.”
  • “I have no income.”
  • “I have too little income.”
  • “My spouse won’t participate.”
  • “I am stupid with money.”
  • “My parents didn’t teach me about money.”
  • “There’s no hope for me.”
Are you kidding me?  “What difference does it make now?”  Let me count some ways …
  • You’ll prove to yourself that you COULD do this!
  • You won’t have to eat Alpo during retirement!
  • You can help your children go to college and graduate debt-free!
  • You can use your past mistakes (and successes) to teach your children and grandchildren how to win with their money!
  • You won’t have to say, “Hi.  Welcome to Wal-Mart.” when you are 83 years young (unless you CHOOSE to)
  • You will develop a positive outlook on life – which leads to a longer, better, and more productive life
  • You will be able to leave an inheritance for your children and causes you really care about
  • You can position others to win with their money by leading the way!
  • Your ACTIONS will speak and teach way louder than any words you ever use.
What you do starting TODAY can make a major difference tomorrow!
QUESTION: What is ONE THING you can do today to make a difference tomorrow?

Comments

Popular Posts