Budget!

Cody and I are finally getting a hold of our budget. Who knew it would be so hard?! Things were tough at the beginning b/c he is in school and working two jobs and they were both pretty unstable hours so we never really knew what he was going to bring home. We have finally figured out our plan. We pay all the bills out of my paycheck with is stable since I'm salary. Anything left over goes into savings and then we use his money to eat and get gas on. Since we aren't buying things right now, we hope to save a lot and get out of debt.

I paid off one of my student loans this past semester and that was awesome. I still have another 29k one that hurts me every month, but hey, b/c of it, I have a job now. amen.

One person that has helped Cody and I was Joe Sangl. He is a member at our church and does Financial Learning Seminars all over. He is crazy and loud and hates debt. He has a great story about how he and his family got out of debt and is now spreading his passion all over. You can go to his site and get all his FREE tools to help. We use his excel budgets each month. I even gave my mom one of the websites he recommends to get lower car insurance and guess what, she did! PTL.

I hope to be financial stable with no debt when we have a baby. With God anything is possible and that is the truth I'm holding onto. In the words of Dave Ramsey "live like no one else now, so you can live like no one else later"

Anyhow, why am I writing about this... b/c I am just happy that God is working in our marriage through money. We want to be debt free and able to say "Yes, I'll go" if and when God calls us to do something crazy with our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts