Christmastime in Mississippi

Time is flying. We  left Thursday around lunch and headed to my hometown, Laurel, MS. We were so excited to get there for many reason but mainly for the wedding of my cousin, Kasey and his bride, Mary Ann. We got there around 6:30 that night and headed over to my Aunt Pam's house. My whole family lives on the same road so we jumped out the car and freshened up at my Moms and walked over to her house. We all live on Hollomon Road, named after my wonderful great-grandmother, Birdie Hollomon who passed away in 1997. I love that road. It was the best thing ever growing up with my whole family being right outside my front door.

We ate chili, vegetable beef soup and had a really good sausage and pepper french bread sandwich. Everyone was there but Kasey and Mary Ann since they were setting up for the wedding. It is the first time my siblings and I have all been home at the same time in about 3 years. It is only the 2nd time Cody and Kayla have been around each other. ha. Callee was there so it was a ton of fun and Mary Lee is hot pregnant lady. Josh looks pregnant too. Kayla had a sprained/broke arm. I'm still not really sure. She made me wash her hair. Sisterly bonding. 

That night we had our Christmas. We draw named at Thanksgiving for presents and we open all of those together and then me and my family go to my Mom's and open up presents from each other. My Mom got me the bread machine that I'm been not so shy about saying I wanted. I got Toms from Kayla and Mary Lee got me the "Red Plate" for special occasions. I've always wanted one. Kayla brought Cody some Christmas ornaments from Jerusalem. They are really neat. We are working on our ornament collection so we really liked them. They are already on the tree. 

Friday we went shopping in Hattiesburg and wanted to eat at Crescent City but it was graduation day at USM so they were packed. We ended up just eating at McAlisters but it was good b/c I got to run into Emily DeLuca Holmes! That night,  we were invited to the rehearsal at Hebron Baptist. We went to the dinner at Matilda's. It is a restaurant in the middle of nowhere. You pass Collins, then Hot Coffee and then when you see the sign for New Hope you take a left and drive for 5 miles and there it is... It was great food though. The mashed potatoes were delish. I was so happy to be there and spend time with my cousins and brother and sister in law. We road home with my brother and watched the Hangover on the way home. His car has three tvs. We were so spoiled. 

Saturday, we went shopping  again with Mom and Kayla. I really didn't get to see anyone but my family on this trip unless we ran into people while out and about. It was good though. I don't get enough time with my Mom. The wedding was at 6 that night. It was great. They really love each other and people. It showed by everyone who came. Kasey is so loved by the community and same for Mary Ann. I love Kasey and am so proud of the godly man he has become. I can't wait to see what they end up doing now as one. 

We tried to watch Inception when we got home but that was pretty impossible due to the kids/adults talking. It's not a movie you can stop watching and still know what's going on. Our allergies started getting to us that night so we got some bendryl and passed out. 

Sunday flew by... we did run into John and Shauna, my old pastor and his wife,  in town when we went out for lunch. I wished we had made it to Crosspointe that morning. We woke up feeling terrible though and it's only gotten worse since. 

We were glad we decided to drive home on Monday b/c Cody had a fever Sunday night and I started getting sick later as well. We both woke up with achy throats and snot. We got up around 8 a.m. and jumped in the car without a shower so we could hurry home. 

We've been sick ever since. I haven't been back to work yet but plan on going tomorrow assuming it doesn't snow... fingers crossed?! 

ok, so that was a pretty detailed version of our weekend in MS. documentation, people! 


love. 

Comments

Popular Posts