100 days

This past week, Cody and I celebrated 100 days of marriage bliss. It made me think of how political analyst sum up a president by his 100 days in office. Well, I'm going to sum up our first 100 days of marriage... awesome. Here are some highlights.

1. Washing Dishes and Washing clothes - I got clothes and he got dishes. I don't wash clothes often and he doesn't wash dishes everyday so this didn't work. Now, we wash our own clothes and dishes get done by both of us. We thought it would be easier to break up the tasks but it wasn't. Insignificant to you, but we learned a lesson.
2. Cooking. I am getting pretty good at it and feeling a lot more confident about it. I really want to find his favorite dish. One that he wants when he's sick or on a special occasion. I'm excited to learn more. (I still hate washing dishes)
3. Grocery shopping. We've been couponing and learning how to save money. We have a book of coupons and use www.southernsavers.com and www.couponmom.com. Both are great sites.
4. Budgets. I started being the one with the money, but I can't do it. I am terrible with money. Always have been. I always pay my bills and get things taken care of but it's that extra money that I waste. I'm mature enough to admit I have a shopping habit. We waste a lot of money on eating out though. Hence, the extra cooking lessons I've been giving myself.
5. Lunch. We are so blessed to get to share lunch time together. Cody will come by my office and get me before chapel and we'll go home afterwards and eat lunch together. It's a nice break in the day to get to hang out with him. Working in the same place he goes to school is fantastic.
6. DVR. Praise the Lord for this. I can watch the shows he hates when I'm home alone. Saves us all from arguing. :) I blame it all on Bravo.
7. I love yous. They haven't stopped one bit. We continually say I love you and mean it. We know we don't always "like" each other but we know we always love each other. We've already learned that lesson that no matter what happens our love never changes and fails. God blessed us with a pure love for each other. I respect and honor him and couldn't imagine life without him.
8. Families. We have great families. Great Moms for sure. I am so thankful that his mom loves me and I get along with her so well. I also love that Cody loves my mom and she loves him. We don't have to worry about awkward family get togethers or any uncomfortable dinners. Everyone likes each other and his parents and mine like each other so it's great. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
9. Students. We have grown very close with a few students this semester. I have always loved being about the students and Cody is getting way more involved too. Even when we go to do things, he'll say, do you think .... and ... will want to come?" I love that he wants to hang out with them too.
10. Communication. I think our communication has grown so much. I just know I can tell him anything and when I start to clam up and not tell him something I just blurt it out b/c I never want secrets... even about the little stuff. I want him to know everything so he knows me and how I think. It is such good feeling to have open communication and to have complete confidence in each other.


Life is grand. It may not be perfect but you make it what you want it to be and I choose to be joyful and love the life I have.

Comments

Popular Posts