Mason Jars

I had to make a quick trip to Mississippi this weekend to see my Pawpaw. He has been in the hospital the past 3 weeks and it's not looking good. He is a fighter though. I've made this trip home a couple of times when we thought he was giving up on us, yet he always seems to fight through. Death is a tricky thing. As a christian, the thought of what's next is exciting yet almost morbid that we think that to someone who doesn't understand. Oh, Heaven... spending your life with Jesus for eternity. I always wonder what it will be like in those final moments between life and death.

On a lighter note, here's a photo of my Nanny & Pawpaw on their wedding day...

While home, I raided my aunts "green house" - (which is actually green, btw.) and go several mason jars for the wedding. I loaded up on few other "vintage" things for the wedding as well. It was fun. We had a crawfish-shrimp boil on Saturday too. It was fun to hang out with family.



I went to my home church on Sunday - Crosspointe Community Church. I love it there. I miss the simplicity of life in Laurel. Sometimes I wish I could just move back and live there. Life is just slower and sweeter it seems... granted there's a lot more drama since everyone knows you and your business, but then again... everyone knows you and your business and it's sometimes comforting.

My preacher, John is going to try to be a part of our wedding. He is in the National Guard and is on a very busy schedule this summer so when I heard he wasn't going to be able to do the wedding I cried like a baby, but he promised this weekend he would do his best to be there and have some part of the wedding. He said he's been waiting for this day since I was 14... which makes me laugh and nervous about all the things he could say at the wedding too! ha. I really hope he is able to make it. If it wasn't for his godly leadership in my life, I'm not sure where I would be today.

Save the dates go out today! The website is ready too... www.codyandsheila.com

Comments

Dawn Trest said…
oh, Sheila! I saw your save the dates and they are too sweet!!! Love them!

I know how ya feel about Laurel, too. I sometimes think life would be easier to live away, but it' home and very hard to leave that.

Popular Posts