Week 20 Breakdown

It's been a wonderful week! We finally got to close on our new home on Thursday! This is our lawyer, Perry. We felt like we signed a million papers that day! I cannot believe we are finally homeowners!!! 

We headed straight to Adam's Bistro in Greenville to celebrate with their wonderful Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake. It's like $8 a slice and worth every penny. We got to just enjoy the moment and that was nice. The next few days were crazy, but first here's a breakdown of our baby this week... and a few special updates! GENDER!

How Far Along: 20 weeks and 7 days

Size of Baby: 6.5 inches 

Gender: BOY! Archer "we don't have a middle name" Price 


Movement: He is kicking a lot... every day... every hour... sometimes it's almost painful, but still soooo much fun. 

Weight Gain: 11 lbs

Maternity Clothes: love my stretchy pants. Heading to the seamstress this week to get some pants hemmed to fit me. After that I'll have loads of pants for winter.  

Sleep Habits: Well, we just purchased our first King sized bed so sleep has been wonderful. It hurts when I turn on my right side, but other than that all is well.

Cravings/Aversions: Still drinking a lot of Orange Juice. I've have also fallen back into a bad habit of drinking soda. I'm not a huge soda drinking anyway, but something makes me want it. I'm trying to guzzle water at work to stay super hydrated. 

Emotions: I have done really well considering we just bought a house and moved this week. I think I only had one or two good breakdowns. I just wanted to have a quiet moment to myself after everyone left. Luckily, my new tub in my new house was the perfect fix. 

Symptoms: Well, it could just be the weather, but my sinuses are crazy right now and my ears hurt a little. I'm still having a fever every now and then.  My hands and feet are also swelling over night. It's soooo weird in the mornings. My hands feel huge. 

Weddings rings on/off: Still off and my fake gold ring broke so now I'm empty handed. 

What I Miss: My wedding ring. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: A clean house with all the boxes unpacked and thrown out... putting Archer's room together... and a weekend with nothing to do!


Friday we went to the Village Bakery in Pendleton to have our gender reveal. Our favorite photographer, Brett Seay came to capture the moment. The bakery said they would make a pastry filled with either cherry for a girl or blueberry for a boy. 

Of course, I wore blue since I've thought it was a boy the whole time. There were moments at the end where I was thinking I was wrong, but I guess not.  
The top photo is where we began pulling the tasty pastry apart... The bottom is where we thought it was a cherry filling. I was freaking out b/c in the sunlight, it totally looked like cherry and not blueberry. Everyone including Brett came in close to check and we all tasted it to make sure. Ha.
We were so excited. We really didn't care if it was a boy or girl, just healthy and happy. Of course, we had a girls name already... but still no middle name for Archer.
The pastry was sooooo good.
The little tie is one of Cody's from when he was little. 

He is so cute.


Here's some photos of our gender reveal with our family on Saturday! 

All of our sweet guests we had at our home.

The Moms

Poor Kylee just couldn't get her can to work and Coleton made her cry!

But she got him back!

Love these sweet friends!

Me w/the Moms!

Auntie Em w/Fran

Devotion: Cora drove 8 hours to be here with us for this moment. Love this girl and her sister, Mary so much!

Norah wasn't sure what to think, but she is loving being back in South Carolina!









Comments

Popular Posts