Foxy Bloxy

Today I am thankful for Emily or Foxy Bloxy as I like to call her. We went to college together yet never even met the whole time we were there. We knew of each other and even had close mutual friends but for whatever reason never had one conversation. Back in 2009... er, 2010, she messaged me on facebook to let me know she was applying to SWU and had an interview. The day of her interview Cody and I took her to lunch in Central. It was so easy to talk to her and felt like we've always known each other. She got the job and we've been friends ever since.

We are polar opposites on many issues, but are very alike in many ways. We are like sisters that can make each other mad and be over it the next hour. She apologizes when she is wrong and I don't know why, but this makes me like her even more. There aren't many people like her.

The past few months have been a battle and she has been in the trenches with me. She was there through each job interview and rejection. She read almost all of my cover letters and helped me prepare my presentations. She heard me cry more than anyone. I am very cautious as to whom I let know the vulnerable side of me. I believe God knew I needed someone like her in my life during this season.

And people also think we are sisters/twins/same person.








Comments

Popular Posts