we found love in a hopeless place

"Our hearts break when we think we have missed our destiny. We suffer over unfulfilled purpose. But God perfects our hearts when we suffer. He makes us humble and compassionate, and those are two traits we must have for success in the call He has for us."


Cody was suppose to enlist in the Navy two weeks ago today. Due to several things, he walked away from it. It was a huge decision for our family. I am so proud of him for having courage to go through this process and having the courage to walk away when he knew God gave him a clear answer. God had His hand on us the whole time. It was amazing going through this process and letting the Lord change us over and over again. I am also happy at how clearly the Lord answered our prayers. I am honestly more in love with my husband going through this process, too. The Lord is really blessing our marriage during this time and I know it's because for the first time in our adult lives we are fully relying on Him for EVERYTHING.

I read the other day that waiting can be hardest thing ever, but as christians waiting is the anticipation of what God is doing. We aren't standing still... we are constantly moving towards Him and His plan. It's a neat concept when you having a hard time with where you are in you life to realize that you are right where God wants you and if you are seeking Him and living your life with His mission in mind, you aren't standing still... you are being molded and changed moment by moment... so, you are moving. I cannot explain the peace that this brings to my heart.

Thank you friends that were praying with us during this process and those that prayed even though you had no idea what I was talking about. I'd love to tell you about all the things God is doing in our lives. So, call me maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts