1 year of marriage...

Today officially marks 1 year of wedded bliss with the mister. We spent our anniversary on Lookout mountain in a sweet little cabin with my Mother in-law and neice and nephew... we got the futon. Yep, that's right I spent my 1 year anniversary in a "studio" cabin... only walls in the cabin were for the bathroom. Needless to say, it wasn't as romantic as I would have liked but we spent time with our family there... got to go to the world's longest yard sale, went to Rock City and had a nice dinner with my friends/cousins.

You might be thinking we are crazy and I somewhat agree with you but I keep hanging on to the fact that I'll be in Jamaica in December laying on the most beautiful beach I've ever seen and sipping pina coladas. Praise the good Lord.

Marriage has been great. Of course there are your ups and downs... he scraps his teeth across his fork when he eats, I am back seat driving... both of these things cause of to get super ill with each other. We are still learning but I'm pretty sure our life has been very blessed and easy compared to others. We have great families, jobs, friends... all of which have set us up for success. We are lucky. Yes, we never have enough money and Cody is still in school and I'm the only one working, but we're happy and a good attitude goes a long way.

Today we passed a church sign that say "Where God guides, He provides"  - that could not have come at a better moment. We might possibly take a huge hit by me taking this new job. It could screw us up big time, but I believe God opened all of these doors... and guided us to this point so I am not afraid of the future. I'm excited about our 2nd year of marriage and this new chapter we are embarking on.

Thank you to all of our friends and family who have supported and loved us this past year... and the past four that we've been together.

To my wonderful husband, I am beyond happy that I get to be your wife and walk this life with you. You are an amazing man that loves me more than I deserve. Thank you for letting me chase my dreams and believing in me. I love you.

Comments

April Reynolds said…
Update your blog. Stat.

Popular Posts