Guest Blogger: Love Notes from the Fickle Monster, Part 10

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACCCK!
Today, I am celebrating my 10th guest blog and return to America.
I spent a week in Canada with my dearest soulmate, Leah Henson Milan. Pearl, I love your homeland!

Here it is.

Vacations are an escape, a detour from reality, a pause. Call them whatever you want, vacations are awesome, and I loved sitting, laughing, loving, crying, and talking with my dear friend for seven days straight. 

Perhaps, this is why vacations are so dangerous.

Vacationing always gave me an excuse to eat crap, as if my body quit acting normally and forgot a giant piece of cake was diet ruination. Airports are terrible for proper weight watcher behavior. Restraunts are basically terrible for proper weight watcher behavior. Well, let's just face it, EVERY PLACE is terrible for proper weight watcher behavior. Unfortunately, we live in a world that promotes pollution; we throw junk in our bodies every day.

Of course, we also live in a world which is championing the cause of environmentalists. 

Green movements are certainly moving. We are watching our footprints, recycling more, and drinking from reusable water bottles. What I do not understand is why we aren't fervently pursuing similar behavior in our personal health. How is it, we can be so stinkin' staunch about the world around us and not even consider the bodies we inhabit? Don't get me wrong, our global health is important, but our bodies are suffering too. Yes, Michelle Obama is helping, and I guess some other folks too, but it happens with you and it happens with me. Together we have to make a conscious decision to be good to our bodies. 

Beyond just the healthy eating, we have to quit polluting each other spiritually, dumping and leaving a mess in one anothers lives. Negativity and gossip and slander and lies. Let's be honest, it is not fair. Too often we put improper expectations on our neighbors or lie to them or fail to be bold with loving rebuke. Certainly there is merit in bearing our burdens together, but COME ON, we are failing, miserably. It is time to quit the pollution, pass the bread of life and the cup of forgiveness and start changing the world. 

Refuse the pollution in your life physically and spiritually. Rebuke it. It does not belong.

I feel like Captain Planet today.     

Here are some lyrics from the theme song which acutally can be applied:
Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero...
Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder
We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!
Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"

So that is our lesson today kids...it doesn't seem as motivational as it sounds in my head, but you get the picture.

Pollution happens.
It does not belong.
Get rid of it in your lives.
I dare you.

***************************************************************
Cora Ruth Flottman is the best friend, college room8 and a complete inspiration to Sheila.
She is an actress, teacher, christian, lover of the written word and men who can change the tires on a car.


She blogs here ALMOST every Friday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE this. and of course, self consciously am thinking, how much of this is about me :)

of course it's all about me because I care AS much about my body as I do the environment AND I"m really great at loving people and being bold and not polluting lives...NOT :)

great post friends!

Popular Posts