Turkish Delight

Cody and I have joined a bible study on campus. The leader is the VP for Student Life, Dr. Joe. He loves Narnia. He has read the series a million times and decided now that they are making all the movies he would do a study about them. We are reading The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe, Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader, obviously. A friend let me borrow the whole series so I'm reading all of them.

Anyway, It's so fun b/c his wife, Willa cooks us dinner and we watch the movie and then discuss the how it represents the gospel and what we think C.S. Lewis was thinking when he put certain parts in.

There were lots that I didn't see the first time I watched the movie. Looking at it with a different perspective helped a lot.

Did you know they plan on making all of the books in the series into movies? I'm so excited.

So, since I'm on a Narnia kick, I thought I would give you the recipe for Turkish Delight! We are going to make it for our next session!


Turkish Delight

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
3 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons orange zest
3 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
 3/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
confectioners' sugar for dusting
food coloring for color if needed
 

Comments

Popular Posts