R1P3D5

I guess I should be updating about my Phase 3 - maintenance phase. I started adding more calories back into my diet and incorporating more foods. I did horrible at first but my weight is now maintaining. I have gained a couple pounds back but hope to lose those as I am exercising now.

They tell you to avoid sugar and starches for the first 3 weeks... um, I made cookies, rice krispies, had wings and chicken fingers.... obviously that's why I gained. ha. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

I had oatmeal for breakfast with a banana. I am working on my 100oz. of water for today. I need to drink a glass of green tea as well. I really have to go to the grocery store today. I need more fruit and veggies.

I am going to try to post more "healthy" recipes that I would actually try to eat. Here is my first one...

Hearty Veggie Soup

1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 leeks, chopped
1/4 head red cabbage, chopped
15 baby carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 bag frozen peas
1 bag frozen corn
1 potato, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large can petite diced tomatoes
3 – 5oz cans V8 Juice
1 – 20 oz carton organic vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups lentils
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 -1 cup whole wheat orzo pasta
5-6 cups water
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon thyme
salt & pepper to taste

Add olive oil to large soup pot on medium heat. Add chopped veggies and a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add can of diced tomatoes and stir. Add organic vegetable stock and V8 juice and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add in lentils, cannellini beans and 2 cups water. Stir. Add in orzo, frozen peas and corn. Add in rest of water, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 hours.


It's nothing crazy, so I'd eat it. So, come on people, let's eat our veggies.

PS. I'm looking for a running partner in the Clemson/Central area... anyone available to help me train? and by running I mean yell at me when I want to walk... and make sure I don't die.

Comments

Popular Posts