My portion forever

Wednesday was very stressful for me. A lot of things just started going wrong and it is my job to fix them. Being responsible for others is terrifying. Knowing you made a mistake or you cost others money is painful and scary...

All day I've been trying to fix problems alone without praying and asking God for wisdom to see me through. I have been sick a good portion of the afternoon and even now... almost 2 a.m. I had the worst migraine this afternoon and could barely drive my car. I had to stop at a gas station and get a BC powder  - yep, that's how terrible. I have been going all afternoon on the phone - driving to Anderson to meet my MIL again - driving back to cheer practice - scheduling a bake sale.  (all along with my normal job as well)

It wasn't until now... I feel awful so I got up and came in the living room hoping to google until I fell asleep that I started looking up scripture to find comfort in my situation that God gave me multiple verses that are exactly what I needed to read right now. A reminder that He is in control and I don't have to do it alone... that I don't have to worry... that He is faithful... and so much more.


He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)


amen. thank you daddy. 

Comments

Popular Posts