We're Married!!!

Recap of what happened... ( so we never forget the little details)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Cody and I drove to Trenton, GA around lunchtime. We hung out with Emily Bloxdorf for lunch and had a few handymen fixing my front door before we left.

We met up with his parents at their cabin at Cloudland Canyon State Park when we got there. We ended up hiking to the top of the mountain and had our last moment of quietness before all the craziness started.

Thursday, August 5, 2010
Cody and I went and got our marriage license. "are you related?" "where was your dad born?" "did you two run away to get married?" just a few of the questions we were asked by Charlotte.
$35 later we were almost married. We got a discount since we had gone through marriage counseling. woo.

Cora and Mary arrived shortly after and then my Mom and Gary. I was so excited to see them all.

Me and the girls left and headed out to Chattanooga for the night. We met up with Meghan, Megan, Dehrae, Kayla and Rebecca. We stayed at the Sheraton in downtown chooga... We ate at the Terminal Brewhouse. We headed back to the hotel where the girls gave me presents... some helpful... some with weiners on them. All in all, perfect. Meg also brought Mama H's white benz so we could be like the guys on the Hangover... classy.

After dinner we called a cab.... enter, tabby the cabby... and she took us to the Electric Cowboy. Obviously, we went to the classiest place in town. And i'm going to leave out a bunch of stuff that I don't want my kid to read one day....

then Tabby the Cabby took us to breakfast... she joined us! It was so random.

Thursday...
We left the hotel early that morning and got a discount b/c in the middle of the night our air went out. I got up early guzzled water like it was going out of style and went downstairs and complained. Bridzilla much? Nope, just trying to help my girls out.

I rode back with Cora and Mary. They gave me my first taste of Florence and the a Machine. Glory!

We went to Canyon Ridge Golf course where we stayed for the rest of the weekend. It is a beautiful place. We hung out with my family and went to lunch with my mom and gary at a pizza place in Lafayette, GA. Cora and I went and had a our nails done. Her nail guy hit on her. "what's your favorite color?" "blonde"

We quickly went back home and changed for the rehearsal....

The rehearsal dinner was at Cody's uncle Daryl's house. There were so many people there. I was late. I was flustered. Cody had been running around all day for his mom so he was flustered. It was just crazy. We got a few minutes to love on each other. I hardly ate I was so wired.

When I got home I wrote him a letter and put my $2 bill in it. In highschool, I was in this church service that David Shephard was preaching. He gave everyone a $2 bill and told us that virgins were as rare as $2. He told us to keep it and on our wedding night go buy a RC Cola and a Moonpie. I decided to give mine to Cody instead. It is such a special gift to be able to give to him. I am glad that I can say I've only had sex with one man in my life and that he's my husband.

Saturday... the wedding... it went by so fast, I hardly remember it... but that's what pictures are for...

we're married, we're in love and praise God for his faithfulness in our lives.

 

Comments

Popular Posts